DRILLING AND WELL PERMITS
Well Permits are required for all work pertaining to wells and bore-holes at any depth.
Allow 10-15 business days if you apply online.
Mail in permit
To apply by mail, please send a completed permit application, along with a site map, to the address provided on the application form. Applications should be submitted at least 10-15 business days before the planned start of work.
Alameda County Public Works Agency-Water Resources issues drilling permits for projects located in the following cities:
Alameda Albany Castro Valley
Emeryville Hayward Oakland
Piedmont San Leandro San Lorenzo
- Department of Water Resources - What Well Owners Should Know
- Drill Permit Application Form
- Drink Water Well Test
- How to Fill Out a Well Completion Report
- Water Well Ordinance No. O-2015-20
- State of CA Well Completion Report
- Well Completion Report Release Agreement - Agency
- Well Completion Report Request - Property Owner