Special Permits

grader truck

Grading Permit Requirements

Chapter 15.36 of the Alameda County Municipal Code regulates grading work on private property within the unincorporated area of Alameda County. Please visit the Code here to see grading permit requirements.

How To Apply for a Grading Permit in Unincorporated Alameda County

At the present time Grading permits can be applied for in person, by appointment only, or by contacting the Permit Center at 510-670-5868... The application form below must be filled out prior to scheduling an appointment or contacting the Permit Center .

If you want to schedule an appointment or have additional questions about the grading permit process, please feel free to contact us at 510-670-5868. To schedule a grading inspection please call 510-670-6451


Grading Permit Application (PDF - 1 MB)

Office Hours & Location

8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday)
399 Elmhurst Street, Room 141
Hayward, CA 94544
Direction to PWA Office 🡒