Stormwater & Watercourse

Special Permits

grader truck

Chapter 13.08 of the Alameda County Municipal Code regulates stormwater and watercourse permits within the unincorporated area of Alameda County.  Please visit the Code here to see stormwater and watercourse permit requirements. 

How To Apply for a Watercourse or Stormwater Permit

At the present time, stormwater and watercourse permits, can be applied for in person, by appointment only, or by contacting the Permit Center at 510-670-5868. Please fill out the application form below before scheduling an appointment or contacting the Permit Center.

If you have additional questions about the stormwater and watercourse permit process, please feel free to contact us at  510-670-5868. To schedule a watercourse inspection please call 510-670-6451.

Office Hours & Location

8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday)
399 Elmhurst Street, Room 141
Hayward, CA 94544
Directions to PWA Office 🡒