The Santa Maria Avenue Improvements Project will enhance pedestrian and traffic safety to and from the Castro Valley High School. Project features include the construction of concrete sidewalks with curbs, gutters, installation of Class III bicycle routes with sharrows, construction of enhanced crosswalks with pedestrian ramps, and planting of street trees.
The Santa Maria Improvements Project is nearing design completion.
The Public Works Agency held a community meeting on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at to present the proposed design and to receive additional/final public input. The presentation, exhibits, and public comments are available below.
- Santa Maria - Project Fact Sheet
- Santa Maria Avenue - Proposed Layout (Castro Valley Blvd. to Somerset)
- Santa Maria Avenue - Proposed Layout (Somerset to Wilson)
- Santa Maria Avenue - Project Location Map (Exhibit)
- Santa Maria Avenue - Proposed Samples Trees (Handout)
- Santa Maria Avenue - Proposed Typical Section (Rendering)