The Alameda County Public Works Agency has several projects along Crow Canyon Road, between East Castro Valley Boulevard and the County line. These projects are being implemented in four phases and include roadway resurfacing, pavement reconstruction, storm damage repair, and various safety improvements.
Phase I - Resurfacing and Safety Improvements
- Resurface pavement between East Castro Valley Blvd and Cold Water Drive
- Construct roadway shoulder improvements to accommodate traffic law enforcement
- Install pedestrian ramps, speed feedback signs, and new guardrails
- Replace damaged culverts under roadway
- Install traffic signal improvements
- Install retaining walls between MM 6.00 and MM 6.25
- Perform roadway pavement reconstruction from MM 5.25 to the County line
- Replace/Install guardrails
- Install centerline rumble strips
Phase IV – Guardrail Replacement
- Replace existing guardrails from San Simeon place to Norris Canyon Road
- Closure of Crow Canyon Road Press Release -- May 10, 2023
- Phase III Pavement Rehabilitation and Safety Improvement Work Begins Summer 2023
Pavement Rehabilitation and Transportation Infrastructure Safety
Construction Start Date
Phase I Resurfacing and Safety Improvements - December 2021
Phase II Storm Damage Repair - September 2022
Phase III Pavement Reconstruction - Summer 2023
Phase IV Guardrail Replacement – Fall 2023
- Phase II Storm Damage Repair - Construction
- Please be advised that Crow Canyon Road will be closed to through traffic between Norris Canyon Road and Bollinger Canyon Road starting Monday, May 15 through early August.
- The road is being closed to facilitate construction of the second phase of roadway and embankment repairs due to storm damages.
- Phase III Pavement Reconstruction – Advertisement
- Phase IV – Design
Crow Canyon Road, from East Castro Valley Blvd. to the Contra Costa/Alameda County Line
Amber Lo, P.E.
Principal Civil Engineer