Niles Canyon is located within Alameda County between the Niles District of the City of Fremont and the unincorporated community of Sunol. The Niles Canyon Trail Project proposes to install a six-mile long pathway that is 10 feet wide and is intended to accommodate pedestrians, bicyclists, and equestrians. When completed, it will link the communities of Sunol and Niles, and offer a critical link to Palomares Road, bypassing State Route 84. The trail will connect with the popular Alameda Creek Trail that offers further connection to the 500-mile San Francisco Bay Trail.
- Trail installation
- Pedestrian bridge over State Route 84
- Downtown Niles community staging areas
- Trailhead parking lots
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) -- October 2021
- Notice of Preparation and Notice of Scoping Meeting for an Environmental Impact Report -- June 28, 2021
- Community Meeting Presentation -- March 11, 2021
- Community Meeting Q and A -- March 11, 2021
- Community Meeting Video
- Fact Sheet
- Project Study Report
- Feasibility Study
Bicycle and Pedestrian Project
This project is currently in the design phase.
Construction Start Date
To be determined.
Fremont and Sunol
Amber Lo, Supervising Civil Engineer
ContactFor more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Niles Canyon Trail Jogger
Niles Canyon Trail Equestrian