How to Request an Inspection
To verify compliance with the requirements of approval conditions, codes and ordinances, inspection of the work authorized by a permit is required at various points during the construction and at the completion of permitted work. It is the responsibility of the permittee to notify the Inspection Department when the construction work is ready for inspection. Inspections can be requested in many ways:
- Building Inspection request can be made by submitting a request online, calling 510-670-5434, or by email at email@example.com
- Inspection Requests for Flood and Roadway encroachment Inspections can be made by submitting a request online or by calling 510-670-5434
- All other Permit Inspection requests must be made by calling the number listed on the permit
- Daily Inspection - Inspection Route Sheet
Special Inspection may be required for certain building permits for items such as reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, structural masonry, steel welding, high-strength bonding, non-destructive testing, structural wood construction, and fire proofing. If required this will be stated on the approved permit. Below is a list of approved Recognized Special Inspection Testing Agencies that can used when required.
The One-Stop-Permit Center Location & Hours
To apply and secure permits currently not available online, and for those applicants who wants to acquire permits in person, ACPWA offers a One-Stop Permit Center that allows applicants to interact with various departments including building and grading, planning, and fire, at a single location.
At the present time Grading; Watercourse; Roadway Use (Move) permits can be applied for in person, by appointment only. For appointments or additional information, please contact the Permit Center at 510-670-5868.
399 Elmhurst Street, Room 141
Hayward, CA 94544
BUILDING PERMIT PROCESSING HOURS
8:30 am-4:30 pm (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri)
9:00 am - 4:30 pm (Wed)
Over-the-counter plan check by appointment only. For an appointment or additional information, please call 510-670-5440.
Building Permit Fee Schedule and Estimate:
Permit Application Forms:
- Uniform Building Permit Application
- Grading Permit Application
- Tree Permit Application
- Residential Parking Permit Application
- Roadway Encroachment Permit Application
- Roadway Encroachment Permit Application (Utility)
- Flood Encroachment Permit Application
- Stormwater Permit Application
- Watercourse Permit Application
Other Helpful Resources: