Other Permits

Photo of a worker in a helmet and ear protection feeding vegetation debris into a chipper

Tree Permits

The Alameda County Tree Program ensures the preservation of trees in the County's road right-of-way. Property owners are responsible for maintaining trees that are adjacent to their property. Property owners are required to obtain tree permits for planting, trimming, pruning or removal of trees in the right-of-way.

How To Apply for a Tree Permit

Online Tree Permit

For more information about the Tree Program, please go to the link below:

If you want to apply in person, please use the forms and follow the instructions below:


*If using our Printable Permit Application Form, please mail the completed form and the application fee of $50.00 to: Public Works Agency Tree Permits, 399 Elmhurst Street, Hayward, CA 94544.

Contractors and Maintenance Crews

**This permit costs $500 per year.