The Alameda County Public Works Agency is pleased to announce the completion of the Hesperian Blvd. Corridor Improvement Project, which extends from the I-880 (near Embers Way) overcrossing to A Street in the San Lorenzo community. The Project implements multimodal transportation improvements with enhanced safety features including advanced traffic light technology, wider sidewalks and bike lanes, as well as high visibility crosswalks and lighting. Motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, transit riders, and residents within this San Lorenzo community will enjoy a revitalized, safe and accessible commercial corridor.
- Wider sidewalks with aesthetic elements
- Class II buffered bicycle lanes with green pavement markings
- Corridor beautification and sign installation
- High visibility crosswalk treatments
- Street trees and landscaping
- Underground fiberoptic conduit
- Roadway and pedestrian lighting
- Pavement rehabilitation
- Transit priority system
- Adaptive traffic signal control technology
- Public art
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony was held on Saturday, February 4, 2023. View photos on the follow link https://bit.ly/HesperianBLVD.
- Press Release -- May 6, 2022
- Press Release -- November 10, 2020
- Fact Sheet
- Presentation -- November 2020
Major Infrastructure Improvement Project
Construction Start Date
This project has been completed.
Project LocationHesperian Corridor between the Interstate 880 (I-880) overcrossing and A Street
Amber Lo, Supervising Civil Engineer
For more information, please email email@example.com or call the construction hotline at (510) 670-5591. Click here to receive e-mail updates.