The Hesperian Boulevard Corridor Improvement Project extends from the Interstate 880 overcrossing to A Street (Hayward City Limit) in the San Lorenzo community of Unincorporated Alameda County. The Project implements multimodal transportation improvements with enhanced safety features including advanced traffic light technology, wider sidewalks and bike lanes, as well as high visibility crosswalks and lighting. When completed, motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, transit riders, and residents within this San Lorenzo community will enjoy a revitalized, safe and accessible commercial corridor.
- Wider sidewalks with aesthetic elements
- Class II buffered bicycle lanes with green pavement markings
- Corridor beautification and sign installation
- High visibility crosswalk treatments
- Street trees and landscaping
- Underground fiberoptic conduit
- Roadway and pedestrian lighting
- Pavement rehabilitation
- Transit priority system
- Adaptive traffic signal control technology
- Public art
Major Infrastructure Improvement Project
Construction Start Date
This project is currently under construction.
Project LocationHesperian Corridor between the Interstate 880 (I-880) overcrossing and A Street
Tam Nguyen, Project Engineer
For more information, please email email@example.com or call the construction hotline at (510) 670-5591. Click here to receive e-mail updates.