The Somerset Avenue Sidewalk Improvement Project extends from Stanton Avenue to Redwood Road in Castro Valley. New concrete sidewalks will be constructed along this section of Somerset. The project will improve pedestrian and bicycle access to Castro Valley High School, Castro Valley Elementary School, Our Lady of Grace School, and the Castro Valley Downtown area.
- Concrete Sidewalks, Curbs, and Gutters
- Pedestrian Ramps
- Street Trees
- High Visibility Crosswalks
- Drainage Improvements
- Traffic Signal and Lighting Upgrades
- Storm Water Treatment Facilities
You are invited to participate at the Board of Supervisors Transportation and Planning Committee Meeting on Monday, November 7, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. to provide input on selecting the preferred project option.
Option 1: Keep existing on-street parking on both sides of the street. Install shared lane markings for bicycles (Class III bikeway).
Option 2: Remove on-street parking on one side. Install Class II bike lanes on both sides.
Option 3: Remove on-street parking on both sides. Install buffered Class II bike lanes on both sides.
The Project Design Alternatives Poll Ended on May 3, 2022
- Press Release -- April 29, 2022
- Alternative 1: Parking (Both Sides) and Class III Bike Routes -- Conceptual Layout
- Alternative 2A: Parking (One-Side Only) and Class II Bike Lanes -- Conceptual Layout
- Alternative 3: No On-Street Parking on Both Sides and Buffered Class II Bike Lanes -- Conceptual Layout
- Community Meeting Presentation -- April 26, 2022
- Community Meeting Recording -- April 26, 2022
Construction Start Date
To Be Determined
The project is in the preliminary design phase.
On Somerset Avenue, from Stanton Avenue to Redwood Road, in Castro Valley.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 670-5591. Click here to receive e-mail updates.